VirtualThreat Contributing Writer
Anonymous hackers have launched ‘Operation Wall Street’, a new protest started by the loosely organized hactivist collective against the US government, Wall Street and the financial services industry.
The operation is a call to all Anonymous “members” and citizens of the world and seeks justice for the “innocent and exploited people being forced into homelessness” because of the “crimes of Goldman Sachs and other firms who have indulged in sinister and criminal practices.”
The official proposal for the operation calls for a release of the the Dox on the “CEOs & any and all executives of Goldman Sachs, AIG, Wells Fargo, Chase, Meryl Lynch, and any other guilty party”. The goal of Operation Wall Street is to spread the personal information of those responsible for the crimes to the people who have lost their homes and had their lives destroyed.
According to links that began appearing on Twitter on March 2nd, Anonymous has already released 4.6 gigabytes of data providing the personal information of Wall Street CEOs and other high level executives.
Last week the group calling themselves the “Anonymous Intelligence Agency“, or Par:AnoIA, released 14 gigabytes of information implicating Bank of America and others in a massive spying operation. Anonymous claims the data dump proves that Bank of America contracted at least one private intelligence firm to spy on numerous private citizens including hackers and social activists.
The following statement was released on the Anonymous public relations website:
“It is no longer tolerable that these men and women get to live in luxury and lawlessness while innocent people are pushed into poverty and people who fight for freedom are prosecuted and demonized.
They must be stopped … OPERATION WALL STREET, must be launched.
We promise not to hurt you once we release your information but we cannot hold the people you screwed over responsible for their actions once they know who you are and where you live. You are not free to escape the consequences of your actions, no one is.
We are Anonymous, We are Legion, We do not Forgive, We do not Forget.
What are your thoughts on the Anonymous attack on Wall Street? Let us know in the comments below.
About the author…
This article is offered under Creative Commons license. It’s okay to republish it anywhere as long as attribution bio is included and all links remain intact.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Zen Shaman Anonymous Hackers Target CEOs in Operation Wall Street » Zen Shaman | March 5, 2013
- Anonymous Hackers Target CEOs in Operation Wall Street | Newzaholic.com | March 5, 2013
- AnimalFarm.org » RT @thehealthrebel: #Anonymous Hackers Target #CEOs in Operation Wall Street : http://t.co/wYRF8QkBda http://t.co/o0FBR6PmRy | March 6, 2013
- AnimalFarm.org » RT @OccupyTheMob: #Anonymous terror Target CEOs in Operation Wall Street http://t.co/J3ZBfIQvml http://t.co/Zgd8PrMFjT | March 6, 2013
- elcidharth | March 12, 2013
- Anonymous Hackers Target CEOs in Operation Wall Street Anonymous hackers have… – Hacker Planet | November 14, 2015
- Anonymous Hackers Target CEOs in Operation Wall Street Anonymous hackers have… | Hacker Spot | November 16, 2015